Thursday 4 December 2014

Beauty Bargains #2 Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hours Foundation


My other beauty bargain post is currently my most popular post, you can read that here, so when in B&M's a few weeks ago I was on the search for some new beauty bargains. I picked up a few things including the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour Foundation to try out which was only £3.99 instead of £7.99 and lucky enough they had a shade light enough for me to try out.
 If I'm totally honest I hate trying out new foundations as I can never find the right shade, the right consistency or the right finish so when I find a foundation that I do like I tend to stick with it. But for £3.99 I decided that if this wasn't a hit then it really didn't matter because it was so cheap. To begin with I didn't have any expectations at all as I hadn't had to chance to look into it, so when I tried it out a few days later I was super impressed. Usually before I buy a product I'll check ratings and reviews to be sure that it's something worth buying but I obviously didn't have the chance before buying this so I wasn't sure what to expect. It wasn't until after I first started using the foundation that I noticed how popular this foundation actually was and I could totally understand why. I picked up the shade light porcelain which is the perfect shade for me, it blends so easy and looks very natural on the skin which is exactly what I want from my foundation coverage and it really does last a very long time.
Whether it lasts 25 hours I'm not entirely sure but it certainly still looks great after long days of college and busy days. I wore this foundation while in London a few weeks ago and it certainly stayed put throughout the long, rushed and manic days that I spent there. The only flaw that I have come across is that when it's been on for long amounts of time it does start to become slightly greasy especially in areas such as the T-zone but that is something I can certainly deal with.
I'm currently using this foundation everyday and I love it, it's even taken over from my favourite Max Factor foundation! Also, Rimmel have currently released a new nude version which I really want to try out as if it's anything like this foundation it will be worth every penny!

What is your favourite drugstore foundation?

Victoria-Jane 
x
Follow me on Bloglovin here

6 comments:

  1. I love this foundation! I use this and a rimmel match perfection one, both are really great! I only really use drugstore makeup as I don't wear it everyday so it would be silly to spend so much on products I rarely use, but I have no problem it, there are so many bargain high street products out there! :)

    www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to wear a lot of high end foundation but it was getting way too expensive so I went looking for some cheaper alternatives and I've found some real gems!

      Delete
  2. I love this foundation too! Great post.
    Alice x

    OhjustAlice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's fast become one of my favourite foundations which is amazing because it's sooo cheap! :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't actually tried this one, but I have heard good things :)

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it and I know a lot of other people do to! :)

      Delete